Advanced Open Water Diver
- Requisitos: Edad 12 (Edad 10 para algunas inmersiones de aventura)PADI Open Water Diver (o cualquier otra certificación equivalente)Lleva tu buceo al siguiente nivel mediante el programa Adventures in Diving , que consiste en las certificaciones PADI Adventure Diver y PADI Advanced Open Water Diver. Si completa tres inmersiones de aventura, usted puede ganar su certificación PADI Adventure Diver . Si completa su buceo de aventura de buceo profundo, y la Inmersión de Aventura Underwater Navigator y tres inmersiones optativas de aventura – cinco inmersiones en total – usted puede ganar su certificación PADI Advanced Open Water Diver.
Why PADI Advanced Open Water Diver?
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course will give you the tools to become a well-rounded diver and to vastly extend your range of dive sites. You will extend your depth limits, get an introduction to the basics of underwater navigation and generally improve your dive skills under the supervision of an experienced PADI instructor. It is also a great opportunity for you to try something new underwater, such as Digital Underwater Photography, Night Diving or any other activity that might interest you.
What do I need to start?
PADI Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization). PADI Jr Open Water Divers may participate in some Adventure dives up to the Jr Adventure Diver certification. Children aged 12 to 14 can earn their Junior Advanced Open Water certification, with a maximum depth limit of 21 meters/70 feet.
What will I do?
This certification includes five Adventure Dives, including the Deep Adventure Dive, the Underwater Navigator Adventure Dive, and your choice of three of the following:
● Aware Fish ID
● Drift Diver
● Enriched Air Diver
● Multilevel and Computer Diver
● Night Diver
● Peak Performance Buoyancy
● Search and Recovery Diver
● Underwater Naturalist
● Underwater photography
There is a corresponding Knowledge Review for each Adventure dive that you will complete and then review with your instructor. We strongly recommend the Peak Performance Buoyancy dive, as it is the dive where you see the most immediate improvement in your comfort and control underwater, even if you are an experienced diver.
* If you are interested in Underwater Photography, we can help you get the most out of your camera with the Digital Underwater Photographer adventure dive. We also have cameras for rent; see our Rental Gear or contact us for additional information.
Tell me more about the Enriched Air Nitrox option.
The PADI Advanced Open Water course includes dives that benefit from the extended bottom time from Enriched Air Nitrox. For example, at 33 meters/110 feet (the maximum depth of our two wrecks), you can reach a maximum bottom time of 25 minutes on EANx32 (32% O2, 68% N2), as opposed to a mere 16 minutes on air (21% O2, 79% N2). Combine the PADI Enriched Air Nitrox course with PADI Advanced Open Water to get the most out of your dives!
How long will it take?
The full PADI Advanced Open Water course can typically be completed in two days, with the possibility of a third day if you would prefer more flexibility on your vacation. If time is an issue, you can complete the PADI Adventure Diver certification in a single day. You can also complete single Adventure Dives that will give you credit towards your PADI Advanced Open Water certification.
What do I earn at the end?
You will receive your PADI Advanced Open Water certification card, which expands your range of diving opportunities all around the world. With your extended depth range of 30 meters/100 feet, and exposure to different underwater challenges you will be able to explore many of the site otherwise off-limits to PADI Open Water Divers.
Where can I go from here?
PADI Advanced Open Water Divers can enroll in any PADI Specialty Course including the PADI Deep Diver Specialty and PADI Wreck Diver Specialty, and/or continue on to PADI Rescue Diver. Jr Advanced Open Water Divers may participate in some Specialty courses, and PADI Junior Rescue Diver is also an option for children from age 12. Any of the PADI Adventure Dives included on your course can also credit towards the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver certifications. Our experienced instructors have a range of different areas of expertise, see our PADI Specialty Course options or contact us for additional information.